The Southern Ohio Vietnam Veterans Tribute Event at the Chillicothe VA Medical Center is being held Thursday, September 20th through Sunday, September 23rd.
This event is hosting several military tributes, including the American Veterans Traveling Tribute Vietnam Wall, which is an 80 percent replica of the Vietnam Wall that is 360 feet long, with an 8 foot apex and includes every name from the permanent Vietnam Wall in Washington D.C.
Other tributes also being hosted are:
- John Hosier’s ‘through the eyes’ Traveling Vietnam Museum exhibit, of which includes thousands of military artifacts, such as equipment, clothing, photographs and many other items;
- Rolling Thunder Chapter 5’s Ohio POW-MIA Vietnam Memorial Wall, which includes the names of Ohio’s 137 missing servicemen;
- Freedom Flight, an exhibition that promotes the education of the POW-MIA issue through the use of hot-air balloons;
- Chillicothe native and U.S. Army Veteran, Charlie Cottrill, will have his personal collection of military vehicles and artifacts on display;
- Flags For Forgotten Soldiers flag exposition, along with several military static displays during this Veterans Tribute Event, as well as a special ceremony in observance of National POW-MIA Remembrance and Recognition Day at 1:00pm on Friday, September 21st, and an Agent Orange Town Hall session at 9:00am on Saturday, September 22nd
- Both of those respective ceremonies will be held in Building #9.
Daily programs and ceremonies are set, beginning with the Escort of the Traveling Wall on Wednesday, September 19th. The escort will stage at the Fayette County Fairgrounds in Washington Court House starting at 3:00pm and will depart for the Chillicothe VA Medical Center at 5:00pm. The AVTT Traveling Vietnam Wall is slated for set-up starting at 8:00am on Thursday, September 20th and will be open to the public 24 hours each day starting from the event’s Opening Ceremony at 12:00pm that day through the event’s closing ceremony at 2:30pm on Sunday, September 23rd.
Anyone that would like more information may find the event’s social media page at https://m.facebook.com/SOVVT2018/, or call any of the following Committee Members for specific details: