The City of Hillsboro is preparing its first Comprehensive Plan.
This will be a year-long process led by a steering committee of appointed community members which include:
· Drew Hastings-Mayor
· Mel McKenzie-Safety and Service Director
· Thomas Eichinger-Chairman of Planning Commission-Retired Director of IT Merrell Dow
· Justin Harsha-Council Member-Business Owner
· Ann Morris-Council Member-Business Owner
· Destiny Bryson- Executive Director-Highland County Visitors Bureau
· Loy Lutton-Retired Pharmacist
· Rob Holt-Planning Commission Member-Technology Director at Bagshaw Enterprises
· James Buck-Vice President of Business & Finance at Southern State Community College
· Mark Wilson-Owner-Wilson National Real Estate
· Tim Davis-Superintendent Hillsboro City Schools
· Charlie Guarino-Vice Chairman of the Planning Commission-Retired School Superintendent, Chairman of the Master Planning Committee
The steering committee will rely heavily on citizen input and review to shape the content of the plan’s recommendations. The process will create a vision and recommendations for the future of Hillsboro that reflect the values and goals of the community and provide guidance to address the city’s challenges and opportunities. Your opinions and input are a vital part of the planning process.
People are encouraged to join the city in this process by participating in surveys, public meetings, and workshops to share your vision for the city.
The city is calling on you to help kick-start the planning process, by participating in an online survey. The survey can be accessed online at www.hillsboroohio.net/ImagineHillsboro and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ImagineHillsboroOH and will be available through early October. It should take only a few minutes to complete.
If you have any questions regarding the planning process or would like to find out more on how you can participate, visit the city’s website at www.hillsboroohio.net or contact the city offices at 937.393.5219.