A Miami Trace High School graduate continues to make a name for himself in the world of indoor track running, as Caleb Wilt is headed to the USATF Indoor Nationals this weekend. He will be competing against 23 of the Nation’s best 60 meter hurdlers in a meet that also serves as a qualifier for the World Indoor Track & Field Championships.
The 2-day event will have Caleb running in the Prelims on Friday, February 14th, then if he qualifies, will have him in the Semi-finals and Finals on Saturday.
Caleb Wilt has most recently been studying and participating in athletics at the University of Kentucky between 2015-2019.
Here are some of his accomplishments while at U.K.:
1. 4 yr. NCAA Div. I Scholarship Athlete at University of Kentucky
2. 4-time varsity sports letterman at UK
3. 6-time SEC Qualifier
4. 3-time NCAA Regional Qualifier
5. UK No. 5 All – time fastest 60m hurdler
6. UK No. 6 All – time fastest 110m hurdler
Academic at U.K: Wilt accomplished the following in the classroom:
1. 4-time SEC Honor Roll
2. 4-time USTFCCCA All-Academic Athlete
3. UK Dean’s List (2015-2019)
4. Graduated Magna Cum Laude w/ B.S. in Human Health Sciences (Pre-Dentistry track)
5. Accepted into UK Dental School for Fall of 2020.
Miami Trace Athletics
1. 2015 High School Hall of Fame Inductee (Miami Trace High School)
2. 2015 Undefeated Outdoors Senior year - 110m Hurdles
3. Div. 2 State Outdoor Champion – 1st Place in 110m Hurdles
4. Midwest Meet of Champions – 1st Place in 110m Hurdles (Midwest – Ohio, Indiana, Michigan)
5. Runner-up at Indoor State Championship – 60m Hurdles
6. New Balance Indoor National Championship Qualifier – 60m Hurdles